Skip to content
Tab among menus. Use arrow keys to traverse menu links.
What are the Benefits of AppITP?
- Interaction with other majors and Information Systems Faculty outside the formal classroom setting.
- An opportunity to learn about the Information Technology profession beyond the scope of required coursework.
- Development and Enhancement of personal and professional skills necessary to compete in the job market.
- A chance to become INVOLVED in Appalachian through an extracurricular activity.
- Networking - Opportunities to develop friendships and contacts in the Information Technology industry.
- Opportunities to attend National and Regional Conferences.
- A chance to attend the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas for a great price!
- Meetings or socials are held about once a week usually on Wednesday at 5:00 PM.
- Speaker Meetings are held five times a semester and include Information Technology Professionals presenting their perspective on CIS and Information Technology issues.
- AppITP participates in University activities related to CIS and functions as an official University organization.
What are the Requirements?
- AppITP is open to All majors.
- All CIS majors are strongly encouraged to join this club.
- Members should have an interest in Technology and its professional applications.
- Members must comply with all requirements set forth by the constitution and bylaws of the Appalachian State Student Chapter of AppITP.